Thursday, March 23, 2006

agony anonymous!

OGAY!

Wow so many anonymous taggers on my board... pls dun be anon next time.

alright i get the point of these students. I'm sorry, i didnt mean to say that ALL students who did badly have bad attitude or didnt try or don;'t care. I know there are those who studied and those who tried.

Right let me be more specific.

1. In each class there are always some students who are truly lazy/illdisciplined/ dun care. How'd I know?
I observe. These fellas always :
a) hand in late work,
b) when i go around tutorial during discussion they have not prepared, but instead have a blank piece of paper.c)
c) when i discuss points in class, they'd stared blankly.
not bothering to:
-process respond, clarify doubts, paritcipate
-take dopwn important key points and notes
-usually when the bell goes but i'm not ready to dismiss yet, these pple will pack their bags while i'm still discussing something! amazing!

2. Those who do not respond in class.
while this is not a "bad" attitude, its an undesirable one. they just get lost.. and keep quiet about it. How to learn?

3. Those who study AT THE LAST MINUTE and not consistently trying/understanding/following
Last minute work doesnt cut it. busy during the hols?? come on so was I and every1 else. manage your time. if you work consistently during term time, your wouldnt have to do last minute work, or expend too much of your holidays. its only 3 topics. all u need is about 3 hrs for 3 days and you're pretty much done. DO NOT tell me you cannot spare 9 hrs of your 1 week holiday, plus the fact that these things shd be clear during the term itself.

4. certain people refuse remedial when i asked them if they wanted it. too bad.

5. certain people never visit this blog and they don't bother to get the notes. too bad also.

6. corrections, see me's....
some people refuse to learn from their mistakes. they don't mark their work properly when we go through or comparing with suggested solutions, they don't do corrections. Some people don't bother to see me when i write see me in their work.

7. people who got 5 marks or less.
how's that even possible unless they didnt study?!?! are they that inept?? I think its an insult to say that 5 marks is their standard.

So there, if you do not belong to on of the 7 categories above. I don't mean to scold you. When i admonish students, especially for common issues, I have to admonish the class together. but i know who are the real black sheep. So if you've been really trying, you have my respect, and know that my admonishings are not for you.
If you've been reaaally trying and dint do well, perhaps you need to reflect on why is that the case, and maybe to see me to discuss some solutions.

If you belong to any1 of the 7 categories above, please accept the criticism and improve.

so there i still love all of you k! (perhaps thats why its painful to see the horrible results and the above probs 1-7, if I dun care, i'd be unaffected)

oh btw about the notes. At the very least I will not give out the chembonding 1 assigment worked solutions. why?
because on wednesday, in a certain class, there were these 2 students who refused to mark their work as i went through the solutions in class. Even when i told them directly, twice, to do so. And all they had was their bag(packed up and eager to leave) in the desk.. no work, nothing, not taking down anything. this was on wednesday 22/3/06 11-12 noon.
I will not let these bochap students benefit without putting in effort. Therefore no worked solutions will be released. too bad.

No comments: